Wednesday 8 July 2015

Summer Night Lookbook Gothic Grunge Alternative

Summer nights, city lights, lo
ud laughs, booming sounds and dancing crowds. These nights are unforgettably eventful but off-course with such nights glamours and memorable outfits are needed and that's where I come. So here are some outfits to inspire you when picking out an outfit for the night! If you want to see those looks in motion click on the video, what are you waiting for?!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0viT8ABH0z4

Reminiscing The 20's: 1920's cameo embodied in fringe in an oh so modern twist of a look.




In this look, I am wearing a black vest top (Primark) and on top of it is a bright pink floral lace top (Primark). I have on a mini tight black skirt (Boutique)  which I DIY'ed. The silver safety pins give the look a tougher look and the black fringe is a blast from the 20's, off-course. For shoes, I have on black ballerina flats (Primark).
Tip: Do not be afraid to re-purpose jewellery like what I did here with two ear cuffs that I wore as mid finger rings.
For jewellery, I'm wearing a black lace chocker with an oversized silver safety pin which I DIY'ed. The chocker ties in with the skirt as they both have silver safety pins. I also have on a silver ring which is shaped and carved as a native american man's head (Republic). I also have on two silver ear cuffs but as rings one that has leaf attached to it and the other a needle (Primark).

Secret Thief: lace is the choice of camouflage.




For this look, I wore a black lace crop top (Primark) and under it is a peachy-nude vest (Primark). I also put on a black lace piece as a belt around my waist. The skirt is flowy and matches the nude color of the vest and it has beautiful black lace on top (Primark). I also wore a pair of fingerless black lace gloves (Claire's), thin black tights (Primark) and black ballerina flats (primark).
Tip: When picking out a nude clothing piece, make sure that it matches your skin tone. Do this by holding the piece against your skin, so your wrist for example.
For jewellery, I kept it simple and minimal as the floral black lace throughout the outfit is very overpowering visually. So, I had on a black lace chocker that I DIY'ed which ties in with the look and a pair of statement gold earnings (Sports Direct, I think?).

Elegance is the Mystery: what does it take to solve this puzzle and determine what she holds that has the allure of elegance.



Here, I wore a royal blue lace dress (Primark) which I DIY'ed by cutting some of the blue underlining fabric so that only the lace would show half way through my thighs and knees. For shoes, I went for a classic black pointy pump (M&S).
Tip: If you are short do not wear shoes with belts around your ankles as that cuts your legs and makes you appear shorter.
 For jewellery, I wore a silver spiked up necklace (Boutique) and a pair of silver spiked earrings (Republic).

Fierce Fire: Fire is cooler than you think



For this outfit, I wore a red-orange lace crop top (Primark) to which I added the silver pins. I put on a thick black belt which ties at the back to form a cute bow and wore a black skirt (Thrifted). For shoes I wore black strapy heels cause its summer time (New Look).
Tip: Go for a nude nail polish that matches your skin tone this summer. Why? Because nude is one of the hottest trends and it is a neutral; so it goes with any outfit you wear. Thereby, you would get rid of the hassle that it is changing your nail polish to match your clothes.
For jewellery, I wore silver spiked necklace (Boutique) a silver spiked bracelet (Republic) and a pair of silver earrings with black stones that have a red undertone to them (New Look).
Which night outfit is your favourite?
Kisses,
Avril Vanes
YouTube: avril vanes
Instagram: @livanessa79
Twitter: @livanessa79
Google+ +avril vanes 

No comments:

Post a Comment