Wednesday 12 August 2015

Back to School Lookbook Grunge Pastel Goth Alternative

We slowly say goodbye to the sunshine and prepare our minds for our return to a place many of us may deem or perceive as ''Hell''. However, we must persevere and cool down that fire with some dark colors and pastels of our shields, tis but our second skin. Ohh yes off-course, I'm talking about nothing else other than our outfits! Now now, if you want to see these outfits in motion, then you know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyUwI07bqQQ

Milady: Take another look around for the imposters that're around, cause maybe milady you're one of them in the end.




For this look, I wore a dark purple top (Magilla) which I DIY'ed and I paired it with a lace purple circle skirt (Primark). I also wore a pair of thin black tights (Primark) and for shoes I went with black ballerina flats (Primark).
Tip: Why not try and set a color scheme for each week of school? It can help you narrow down the clothing items, as well as making it easier for you to pair clothing items together.
For jewellery, I had on silver spiked up earrings (Republic), a bracelet with purple skulls (International), a black beaded bracelet with a silver cross (Republic) and a bunch of silver beaded bracelets (Primark).

Battle Knocks: You can build an armour with your army of spite but you can't tear down that longing for, to which we fight.



For this outfit, I wore a purple top (Primark) and on top of it is a lace purple top (Primark) which I paired with some skinny purple jeans (Primark) that I have distressed and DIY'ed. For shoes, I wore my black ballerina flats (Primark).
Tip: A one color outfit ensemble can look great, so why not have a go?!
For jewellery, I wore a dark purple velvet chocker with a silver safety pin pendent which I DIY'ed. I also had on bracelet with purple skulls (International) and a black beaded bracelet with a silver cross (Republic).

Perfectly Executed: Heads bow down. Slice & Splash!



Here, I wore a teal sheer shirt (Primark) with a white vest under it (Primark). I wore denim shorts (Primark) and a pair of ripped fishnet tights (Primark) which I DIY'ed with some silver safety pins. For shoes I wore my black ballerina flats (Primark).
Tip: Mixing two styles together can produce a perfect contradictory outfit, just like what I did here with the preppy shirt and the grunge denim shorts and tights.
For jewellery, on my left hand, I wore a silver wing ring (Claire's), an owl silver ring (Claire's), a skull ring (Primark) which I DIY'ed and a silver ring with a big crystal (Primark). On my right hand, I had a silver leaf ring (Primark), a silver key ring (Claire's), a silver ring with a small turquoise stone (Primark) and a silver ear-cuff with a needle pendent as a mid finger ring (Primark).

Separate Spirit: There is No End After Death. This Ghost is After ... Your Smile.



For this look, I wore a lilac top with a V-neckline (Primark) and a pastel blue circle skirt (Primark) to which I added a lilac lace trim as a belt. For shoes, I had on a pair of grey ballerina flats (Primark).
Tip: sometimes less is more, so instead of reaching for a pattern try and go for pastels as they are ever so trendy. You can make-up a pastel outfit which would be perfect to showcase your statement pieces of jewellery, like what I did here with the spiked up bracelet for example.
For jewellery, I had on a bracelet with purple skulls (International) and a silver spiked up bracelet (Republic).
What's your favourite look for school? Will you start the school year off with pastels like moi?
Farewell,
Avril Vanes
YouTube: avril vanes
Instagram: @livanessa79
Twitter: @livanessa79 
Google+ +avril vanes 

1 comment: