Monday 15 September 2014

Back to school lookbook Gothic Grunge Alternative

when the dream ends, your eyes are wide open but your mind is lost and your wardrobe is empty... or at least that's what you think.

It may be a dreadful sunny morning or a gloomy afternoon but you're

 out of ideas and time is going by... Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock... But hold up! All you need is some inspiration and positivity to glam up your day; so here are some outfits I put together to help enlighten you on such a day! But for a bonus outfit watch my look-book on my YouTube channel (avril vanes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWWH8i8SRVk

Deadly But Sweet:

A sugary treat can never be more Kawaii!

Here, I wore a bold skater dress (H&M) with the adorable cupcake pattern and the sassy lace choker. So when you're in doubt wear a dress with a bold pattern because that way you don't need to worry about layering clothes on or trying to build a look from scratch. A dress with a pattern is my go to look when I'm too tired to style multiple pieces of clothing but I still want to look pulled together and somewhat effortless. I wore a pair of pink converse shoes to keep the look casual.

I wore a bracelet (Claire's)  with cakes and sweets pendants as it matches the level of sweetness of the dress but I also wore two skull bracelets (Claire's, International) as they add an edge. The owl ring (Claire's) has black tones which fits the background color of the dress.

However with such statement piece of clothing you have to be careful of over accessorising as the pattern is the best form of accessory. Therefore, you must keep it simple and minimal at all times!

 Toxic Sea: 

Simple was my idea but complicated became the exterior. A look that was inspired by a mystical mermaid.


This look is made up of basic pieces of clothing from the black vest (Primark) and black tight skirt ( Boutique). But this breasy long lacy black 'skirt' ( a dress originally, that I DIY'ed) with the silver pins on its sides, has a way of capturing attention and feeling magical but yet sinister at the same time. So add some Safety pins because they can transform any look to be more chic in seconds. For shoes I am wearing my ballerina black flats with little bows (Primark).

The laced up necklace with the pink pendent is a beautiful sight and it's away for me to introduce color to the look. I added a violet red lace trim to snatch my waist; making the look come a live.

Adding spikes to any look never harms and so I added this silver spiked bracelet (Republic). However, a look is never truly finished without a statement silver ring with black undertones, like my tribal ring here (Republic).

Casually mischievous:

If you're running out of time there is always a skirt to help you out! 

Here, I wore a basic black tee (Primark) with my lace necklace and I paired it with a navy skater skirt (H&M). Skater skirts can save you, when you're having a bad fashion day as they look incredible with almost anything. But for some funk, I put on my black suspenders (Claire's), Ohhh yeah!

Also, I wore a pair of black ballerina flats (Primark) with little bows on them as they are comfortable, cute and classy.

This is a look that you can never do wrong by, but you can always add some extravagant jewellery to it and let it shine!
What is your favourite outfit?
Kisses,
Avril Vanes
YouTube: avril vanes
Instagram: @livanessa79
Twitter: @livanessa79
Google+ +avril vanes 

No comments:

Post a Comment